Concert Under the Cottonwoods
Sunday, July 10, 2022. 4:30 – 7:00
8 Ent de Gonzales, Santa Fe, NM 87506 (Julie Johnston’s place)
Great Music! Open to all! Invite your friends!
Susan Abod, Bert Dalton on piano, Ann McCampbell on Drums
Songs – Originals & Standards: Jazz, Swing, Pop and Blues
Bring your favorite summer salad, beverage, etc. and a lawn chair
5:00 – music. 5:45 Salad Potluck. 6:15 – More music!
We’ll pass the hat for the musicians. Suggested donation $10 – $20
• Fragrance-free event. Please do not wear insect repellant, perfume, after-shave, cologne, essential oils, etc., due to several attendees with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities.
4:30 – 5:00 – arrival and schmooze 5:00 – 5:45 – music
5:45 – 6:15 – eat, drink and be merry 6:15 – 7:00 – more music
• Paper plates and utensils • Great music
• Shade trees
• CDs for sale
• Your preferred beverage
• Your favorite salad to share
• Lawnchair or blanket, if you want
• Hat for sun protection – There is plenty of shade under the trees.
• Consider carpooling, if youʼre able.
Please Donʼt Bring
• Pets – we love your furry four-legged companions but please leave them at home this time.
• Fragrances – Insect repellant, after-shave, essential oils, and perfume are no-nos.
• Weʼll pass the hat to help musicians who havenʼt had any paid gigs this past year!!
If you want to attend via Zoom, email for invitation:
ABOUT THE PERFORMERS:
SUSAN ABOD, singer and songwriter, creates and performs a dynamic intimate show with fresh interpretations of familiar jazz and blues standards and original songs revealing her sense of humor and cabaret sensibilities. Her first CD, In the Moment, was named “outstanding debut album” by Out-music. Her most recent CD, “Whatʼs Not Wrong?” (2018) was nominated in four categories by New Mexico Music Awards. Both CDs will be for sale at this event.
In the 1970s, Susan sang and played bass with the pioneering feminist Chicago Womenʼs Liberation Rock Band and recorded with the New Haven Womenʼs Liberation Rock Band.
Susan has performed at the Michigan Womenʼs Music Festival, recorded and toured with Casse Culver, Willie Tyson, and Robin Flower. Susan has also produced two documentaries about her own experiences living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS). Both documentaries are available on Amazon Prime.
BERT DALTON on keyboard. Well-known throughout the Santa Fe music scene, he is a jazz pianist, arranger, educator, and producer. Originally from the Chicago area, has been living and performing in New Mexico for 30 years. For 25 years, he has served as Music Director for the National Dance Institute of New Mexico, an award- winning childrenʼs dance program. He was the music director of Susan’s CD, “What’s Not Wrong?” His awards include New Mexico Music Commission Platinum Award (2019) and Santa Fe Mayorʼs Award for Excellence in The Arts (2013).
ANN McCAMPBELL on drums. Lifelong drummer plays punk to swing. Ann recorded on Susan’s CD and has played at many of Susan’s local gigs.